29.4.10

bad day.

let it be noted that i have hit rock bottom. of the bell curve, that is.

i'm over halfway done in argentina. and today was one of those days when all i wanted was to hug my mom. and be in sunny oxford with my friends. and eat something other than rice and veggies.

of course, every other "bad day" i've had was followed by many good days. the good (or normal) days far outnumber the bad, thank goodness. it's just when you get a bad one, it's generally pretty damn bad.

but i'll survive. earlier today, i had an enlightening conversation where i determined i am anything but weak. i'm a strong person, a strong woman. and by god, i'll deal with my stresses and make the best of it all. i can't let my missing home or dislike of certain cultural aspects bring me down. when i get disillusioned, it won't be the end of the world.

because, "after all, tomorrow is another day."

No comments:

Post a Comment