5.4.10

a blessing and a curse.

good people. argentina is full of them.
being around them reminds me that the world actually is a good place. living in america, i sometimes wonder how there can be so much bad around me. i've come to realize though, that human nature is inherently good. and it gives me hope.
however, there is a downside. it magnifies my own flaws. i can see exactly where i am lacking. i could be so much kinder. i could be so much more caring. i could be so much more dedicated. i could be more good. i am good. but there is always more good to be had.
i will never forgive myself for not taking action in times when others needed me. the pictures run over and over in my mind. all i can do to console myself is remember that there will always be another chance to do good. and next time, i can be that person to console the woman weeping in the church. or to pick the handicapped girl off the ground. or to feed the little girl whose parents are nowhere to be found.
as much as i care, i know i can care more. i know i can love more. i know i can serve others more. and from this point on, i will. i am good people.

1 comment: